Tips to Reduce Electricity Bills in Southern MD
People in Southern MD often complaint about high bills, but forget the fact that they themselves are responsible for that. Using refrigerator, air conditioning and heating systems, washing machines, dishwashers, and dryers is common now. Saving energy automatically results in saving money. A little responsible attitude can prevent you from wasting energy and reducing bills.
Following are given the list of items used to reduce the electricity bills:
– CFL Lights
– Commercial Solar Panels
– Residential Solar Panels
– Solar Heaters
- You have to start with inspecting your electrical equipment. Many times defective components of electrical appliances cause you to pay heavy bills. You can take help from certified electrician to inspect the performance of your electrical appliances like heating and cooling systems, ventilation, refrigerators etc. Inspection though causes you $50 to $100, but it has a long term impact on your saving in the coming time.
The use of energy saving products in offices and homes can be very handy in reducing electricity bills to large an extent.
- The better way is to exchange your incandescent lights with more energy efficient fluorescent lamps. The best example is CFL lights which can save up to 75 percent of energy than the traditional fluorescent lights. Also CFL lights have longer life than traditional lights.
- To reduce electricity bills, keep the thermostat reading at 78 degrees or higher. This will help you save energy.
- As much as possible avoid using electrical appliances at peak day hours. Instead you can use dryer, dishwasher, washing machine, vacuum cleaners in the evening time of the day.
- Provide proper ventilation to your home. Keep your windows and doors open to let the fresh and cool air come in.
- Keep the filter of your air conditioner clean. Regularly check your air conditioner filter for any accumulated dirt or grime. This will improve the performance of your air conditioner and also reduces the consumption of energy.
- Inspect your refrigerator s condenser coil and thermostat regularly. Clean it if required. Also inspect the door gasket for any wear and tear. If you find it loose enough to grip, replace it.
- Turn off all the lights which are not needed. This is an important point; people often leave the lights on unnecessarily that cause them high electricity bills.
- Reduce the use of personal appliances means use them only when it is inevitable.
- If you are not working on you computers, turn them off. To keep them on uselessly consume energy and cause high electricity bills.
- Always keep your computers on sleep mode. This will help you to save energy when you are not at the desk or away doing some other work.