The benefits of LED holiday lights in Southern Maryland
Many people put significant effort into their holiday lights. When a bulb goes out, all that effort can seem like it was for naught.
Replacing a single bulb or multiple bulbs can be a lot of work. Fortunately, LED holiday lights provide a more user- and eco friendly alternative to traditional incandescent bulbs. According to the Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, the following are some of the attributes that make LED holiday lights a superior alternative to traditional incandescent bulbs.
· Safety: LED lights burn a lot cooler than traditional incandescent lights, reducing the risk of combustion. And because they burn cool, they also reduce the risk of burnt fingers, which may make them more appealing to parents of curious youngsters and people who will be hosting family and friends during the holiday season.
· Sturdiness: Because they’re made with epoxy lenses and not glass like traditional incandescent bulbs, LED holiday lights are less likely to break. That can be especially beneficial to people with pets who might bump into the family Christmas tree.
· Longevity: LED lights are initially more expensive than more traditional lights. However, the OEERE notes that lights bought today may still be in use 40 holiday seasons from now. That longevity makes them well worth the higher initial investment.
· Ease of installation: LED lights are easily installed, and the OEERE says as many as 25 strings of LEDs can be connected endto-end without overloading a wall socket. That can ease the nerves of homeowners concerned about the potential hazards of elaborate holiday lighting displays.
· Energy savings: LED lights consume considerably less energy than incandescent lights, saving homeowners money on theirenergy bills, which can skyrocket in December thanks to interior and exterior holiday lighting displays using incandescent lights.
In fact, the OEERE estimates that, by 2027, widespread use of LED lights could save consumers more than $30 billion at today’s electricity prices.